Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fish Noodle Soup

So tonights dinner was very quickly put together. There was no thought behind it and no prior planning......shocking right?? My meals that don't require preparation and planning!! But yes it is true. I had some sea bass in the fridge and waited until 4:00 before deciding what I was going to make with it. My inspiration came from one of my cookbooks I was going through. I am currently trying to get rid of some of my books in hope our orders to Florida go through and the easiest ones to go through and get rid of were my cookbooks. So I was going through my collection of Thai cookbooks and came across a very vanilla recipe for Noodle Soup. This noodle soup incorporated ramen noodles. And this is awesome because of an article I read a couple of weeks ago on how to make your ramen noodles more sophisticated.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/ramen-hacks-30-easy-ways-to-upgrade-your-instant-noodles-japanese-what-to-do-with-ramen.html

So I was immediately hooked to this recipe. And while it called for chicken tenders, I thought why not use the fish sitting in my fridge?? So this is what I made. And the best news?? It took all of 10 minutes to make! Awesome!!

2 packages ramen noodles
2 white fish filets, cubed
28oz chicken stock
1/4c shredded carrot
2T thinly sliced green onion
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 serrano pepper, finely diced
1/2t minced garlic
1t minced ginger
1T fish sauce
1T soy sauce
salt

Cook noodles according to package (discard the flavor packet). Drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, combine chicken broth and fish in a large saucepan; bring to a boul over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes. Add veggies and seasonings. Simmer 3 minutes.

Place half the noodles in a bowl and ladle out fish and broth over the noodles.


Talk about fantastic!! The fish had a fabulous flavor from being cooked in the flavorful broth (my own homemade broth by the way). And the broth was good enough to drink by itself. We were completely shocked and amazed at how much we liked the meal. I had never done a fish soup like this before and I loved it. And I am not always the biggest fish fan. So you know it has to be good!! I am definitely gonna make this again, especially since the Mexican market has good and cheap fish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment