Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bountiful Basket

So there is a food co-op in Vegas...well truth be told there is more than one...but this is the best one. It is called Bountiful Baskets. There is no seasonal, monthly, yearly, biannual or anything fee. You buy when you want and only pay a one time fee for your basket. I will spare you everything, because you can just follow the link. But it is $15 per basket. And the basket is a mystery! You get 5-6 varieties of fruit and 5-6 of vegetables. And they also have different extras from week to week. Large boxes of oranges (20lbs) or 24lbs of apples or pounds of green beans, etc.



I really enjoy this site. The only problem is when you get it all home you have to have room for it!! So what did I get today?? 1 watermelon, 9 bananas, 4 apples, 7 oranges, 2 mangoes, package of strawberries, head of lettuce, 2 bunches of asparagus, 2 zucchini, 4 tomatoes, bag of green beans, and 3 green bell peppers. And I only paid $15 for it all.

I almost feel like being on Chopped when I get a basket. You have to know the ingredients and either know what to do with them or be willing to try something with them. This would never work with one of my neighbors. She knows what red bell peppers are, but has not idea how to cook or use them. I remember getting artichokes in the basket and her not knowing what they are, how to clean them, and what to do with them. I ended up cleaning, blanching, and freezing them for later.

So what am I going to do with this basket?? I guess you will just have to tune in and find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment