Monday, April 9, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Cobbler

This has got to be one of my favorite desserts. And yes before you ask you will gain 5lbs eating it. But it is absolutely worth it in the end!! This is decadent and rich and sickeningly sweet and oh so satisfying. This is southern sweets at its very best!!



Now this recipe I halved since it was just me eating it. But I have made the full recipe several times and love it every time. So this is the full recipe.
Recipe:
6Tbutter
1 3/4c sugar
1c self-rising flour
5 1/2T unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
1/2c milk
1t vanilla extract
1/2c chopped pecans ( I always use more)
1/2c chopped toffee bits (I like to use crushed up Skor bars)
1 1/2c boiling water
dulce de leche ice cream or vanilla ice cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place butter in an 8x8 casserole dish. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from oven. Set aside.

In a medium bowl combine 3/4c sugar, flour, and 1 1/2T cocoa. Add milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Pour over butter in dish.

In a separate medium bowl combine remaining 1c sugar, remaining 4T cocoa powder, pecans, and toffee bits. Sprinkle evenly over sugar mixture. Slowly pour the boiling water over the top of the cobbler. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the cobbler looks set.



Serve warm with ice cream.


This dish will make you wanna slap yo momma. I suppose. Never really understood the expression. One of those southern ones that just is what it is. But its decadent and wonderful. I have actually made this for my mother. The first time I made this was for her on one of her visits to Vegas. We are big sweet eaters and decided we could handle a large portion of this dessert. So we piled our bowls with cobbler and ladled on the ice cream. Both of us ate about half of our plate and realized we were STUFFED! So beware. You may make yourself sick eating this it is so good. And I do recommend the dulce de leche ice cream if you have or can get. The vanilla is perfectly fine but the dulce de leche adds a little something extra to the dish. And this also reheats nicely. Spoon some cold out of the fridge onto a plate and nuke it and youll never know the difference. I hope yall enjoy this as much as I always do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment