Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thai food

Alex has been going to school for the plane he is working on and is home for a very long lunch on these days. So we decided today we would go out on a lunch date. We do not do this often and thought it would be fun. And I had a craving for Thai food. There are lots and lots of Thai restaurants in the Fort Walton Beach area so we didn't think it would be any problem to just find one we liked and stop in. We started on Hwy 98 but the one we always drive by is a dinner only establishment. So we went down another road and soon found one. This one was in a strip mall with several other restaurants of other ethnicities: Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, and a Turkish/Greek restaurant. So we were excited.

But as soon as we entered the place the excitement stopped. They had a lunch buffet or order from the menu. We went with the buffet. After perusing and placing on our plate some of the 10 items we found our seat and looked at each other. The stuff that has such potential and excitement behind it was.....well.....disappointing!! I mean how hard is it to make a Pad Thai or Chicken Larb or Chicken and Basil or a lemongrass soup. But they screwed it up. The most disappointing was the Chicken Larb. It was ice cold and had some off-putting seasoning that was way too overpowering. I am picky when it comes to food. Everyone knows that. But for everyone who knows I am picky know that Alex is not picky. Well, he could barely stomach the larb! The glass noodles were not good. The Pad Thai was mediocre at best. It was awful.

We left feeling defeated. The worst part of the experience was the number of regulars in the place. The waitress knew most of the people coming in and already had their drink order called out when they walked through the door. I mean really??? Doesn't FWB know there is better Thai food than that out there??? And if this place was packed with that number of regulars I am scared to death to eat at some of the other Thai restaurants in the area! I have purposely not stated the name of the establisment because Alex thinks it best I do not. But I do not know anyone in the FWB area but if you are out there and would like to name of the place to avoid I will send you its name. For now, this is a post of anger and resentment. That was a lunch date with my husband I will never get back and it was ruined thanks to this place! They have even killed Larb for us.......at least for now. I may make it with some time between the incident but for now.......I cry........

No comments:

Post a Comment